NHS Digital have recently announced it is setting up a new primary care data collection service which will begin on the 1st September 2021.
The General Practice Data for Planning and Research data collection will help the NHS to improve health and care services for everyone.
For example, patient data can help the NHS to:
- Monitor the long-term safety and effectiveness of care.
- Plan how to deliver better health and care services.
- Prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Identify new treatments and medicines through health research.
- NHS Digital have provided a clear GPDfPR Transparency Notice which may assist as this explains how and why they collect, analyse and publish data collected from GP practices for planning and research. Please see: General Practice Data for Planning and Research: NHS Digital Transparency Notice – NHS Digital
If you wish to opt out, please go to the following wesite (copy & paste address): https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/data-collections-and-data-sets/data-collections/general-practice-data-for-planning-and-research/transparency-notice
Or ring: 0300 303 5678 and selection Option 2 to speak to someone
PLEASE NOTE YOU NEED TO OPT OUT BY 23rd August 2021